I’ve had a few requests recently to pop up a yummy lunch idea or two for you guys so here is the first instalment 🙂 There will be at least one more instalment before too much longer but this should get the ideas flowing a bit, I think!
Yummy Lunch Idea 1: Wraps
Wraps are a great quick and easy lunch idea that you can either have at home or take to work. Try to prepare some of the ingredients on Sundays so you can whip them together easily ahead of time.
Here are a few wrap ideas:
- Grilled Vegetables with Spinach and Feta – try vegetables such as pumpkin, eggplant, capsicum and zucchini. If you grill (or roast) them up on Sunday, they’ll keep for a few days in the fridge.
- Tandoori Chicken with Spinach and Tzatziki – like with the vegetables in the previous suggestion, you could prepare the chicken on the weekend, it will last in the fridge for a few days meaning you can have lunch sorted for a 2-3 days.
- Grilled Chicken Tenderloin with Lettuce and Zesty Mayo – again, if you precook the chicken, it should last fine in the fridge for about 3 days. If you need some for later in the week, you might be able to grill some more mid-week while you’re cooking dinner or preparing something for the kids.
- Tuna, Corn and Lettuce with Mayo – this is one you could just about buy the components of on your lunch break and whip up at your desk.
If you’re taking your wrap to work, it might pay to take all the ingredients in a container rather than in the wrap itself and put it together when you’re ready to eat it. This should avoid it getting too soggy.
Yummy Lunch Idea 2: Soups
Soups are a great lunch option as you can make it in bulk and eat it over a few days or freeze it in portions so you can eat it over a longer period of time. You could heat it up at home or take a portion to work to heat up on your lunch break.
Some great freezable soup flavours include:
- Sweet Potato
You could prepare a big batch – eat some and freeze some for lunches and dinners down the track when you’re short on time or motivation.
Yummy Lunch Idea 3: Mini Veggie Pizza
There are a few options for this and obviously they’re most suited to those of you eating lunch at home. You could use English muffins, small pita breads or you can find some small pizza bases in the refrigerated area of your local supermarket.
Some nutritious, quick and easy ideas for toppings include:
- Tomato, Basil and Bocconcini
- Mushroom, Spinach and Bocconcini
You could use all sorts of things really, play mix and match with some of your favourite toppings and see what you can come up with! It’s a great one to do with kids as well.
Yummy Lunch Idea 4: Quick and Easy Salads
There are a whole host of quick salads you could whack together in a very short time if you keep some basic ingredients in the fridge. A couple of my favourite quick, knock up salads include:
- Semi-dried tomatoes, shaved parmesan cheese, baby spinach, rocket and balsamic vinegar
- Baby spinach, feta, cucumber, cherry tomatoes with a lemon and extra virgin olive oil dressing
You can certainly mix and match with your favourite salad ingredients, adding some protein and/or carbohydrate to fill you up a bit more. When you find something you particularly like, make sure you jot down what you put in it so you can add it to your regular mix of lunches.
If you’re taking your salad to work for lunch, it’s always a good idea to pop the dressing in a small container and dress it just before you’re ready to eat 🙂
Yummy Lunch Idea 5: Leftovers from Dinner
This sort of goes without saying a bit but it’s weirdly something I don’t always think of. You could intentionally make an extra helping of dinner so you can pop it into a container and either heat and eat at home or take to work with you the next day. My fiance often makes additional for me to have the next day, especially when I’m going to have a busy day training clients and won’t have a lot of time to stop for lunch.
Some of my favourites include:
- Pasta dishes
- Stir fry
- Burritos or tacos
- Roast meat and vegetables
What are some of your favourite lunch ideas? Pop them below in the comments or pop on over to our Facebook page to let us know.
If you need a menu planner to help plan out your week, pick up a free one by clicking the link here: FREE MENU PLANNER 🙂