Getting fit and healthy most definitely isn’t all about the scales. There are so many awesome non scale victories that you could be celebrating along the way as you take steps to improve your fitness and become the healthiest you that you can be.
So what the heck are non scale victories anyway? They are all the little wins that happen along the way that have absolutely nothing to do with the number on the scales. Today I’m going to share eight of the many possible non scale victories you could be celebrating!
1. You can walk up the stairs when you need to without feeling breathless. Hell, you might even start choosing the stairs over the lift!
2. You can carry all the shopping and lift all sorts of heavy stuff with ease.
3. Your clothes fit differently. This could be looser in some places and tighter in others. Regardless of what the scales may tell you, if you’re exercising and eating more mindfully, it’s more than possible that your body composition will change over a period of time. It’s all part of the process.
4. You still feel as though you can do stuff at the end of the day.
5. You’re sleeping better than you have been for years! You don’t wake up so often in the middle of the night and you’re waking up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day.
6. Your mindset has changed. You’re more positive. You find yourself automatically noticing the good things around you and focusing less on the negatives.
7. You’re about to reduce or get off medications you’ve been taking for years such as blood pressure medications.
8. You’re noticing the things you love about yourself when you look in the mirror instead of focusing on the things you might like to change.
These are just 8 of the possible awesome non scale victories you might experience as you work toward a fitter and healthier you. Have you experienced any other non scale victories you’d like to share? Pop over to our Facebook page and let us know. We’d love to hear from you! 🙂